Your summer holidays between Grossglockner and Zell am See
“Our” Grossglockner High Alpine Road
When spring hits the land it’s time to clear the Grossglockner High Alpine Road from winter’s snow masses. This road of dreams in the Austrian Alps now offers its unique driving experience again from early May to late October. Motor-driven or muscle-powered, those that catch the Glockner virus can’t shake it. The toll road starts in the high valley of Ferleiten and is open from early May to late October. The quaint village of Fusch is located seven kilometres before the road begins. With its central location in High Tauern National Park, Fusch is an ideal starting point for numerous worthwhile excursions.
Being active in Fusch an der Grossglocknerstrasse
No matter whether you prefer a relaxed time or are looking for challenges. Walk on maintained paths through the valley, hike onto alpine pastures and to huts; or do you perhaps even fancy scaling the summit? Everyone finds what he’s looking for here with us and we gladly assist you in planning. Visit the Kneipp site in picturesque Bad Fusch and the wildly romantic valley of Ferleiten with many offerings that are especially catered towards families. Use this advantage as well: you as our guests have free admission to Bärenbad in Fusch.
Visit these and many other destinations at a discounted price
- Grossglockner High Alpine Road, Ferleiten wildlife and leisure park (7 km),
- Kohlschnait archery park, adventure golf (7 km)
- Zell am See – Schmittenhöhe and cruise, golf court, (15 km)
- Kaprun – high alpine reservoir lakes, Kitzsteinhorn, Sigmund Thun Klamm gorge, TauernSpaWorld, (15 km)
- Summer toboggan run Saalfelden, Weisssee glacier park, Mittersill national park centre, Saalbach-Hinterglemm, Hohenwerfen Castle and Ice Giant World, Krimml waterfalls (30 to 50 km)
- City of Salzburg, Berchtesgaden Kehlsteinhaus, Grossgmain open air museum (100 km)
Receive further information from Tourist Info Grossglockner-Zellersee
We recommend the HoheTauernCard for stays of 6 nights and longer:
over 160 attractions for € 62, half-price for children aged 15 and under