Your summer holidays between Grossglockner and Zell am See
“Our” Grossglockner High Alpine Road
When spring hits the land it’s time to clear the Grossglockner High Alpine Road from winter’s snow masses. This road of dreams in the Austrian Alps offers its unique driving experience from May to October. Whether conquering Grossglockner High Alpine Road by bicycle or driving onto the Grossglockner by motorbike or car, those who catch the Glockner virus can’t shake it. The toll road starts in the high valley of Ferleiten. The quaint village of Fusch is located seven kilometres before the road begins, so do not forget to get the discounted tickets with us first. With its central location in Hohe Tauern National Park, Fusch is an ideal starting point for numerous worthwhile excursions during your summer holidays between Grossglockner and Zell am See.
Being active in Fusch an der Grossglocknerstrasse
No matter whether you prefer a relaxed time or are looking for challenges. Walk on maintained paths through the valley, hike onto alpine pastures and to huts; or do you perhaps even fancy scaling the summit? Everyone finds what they're looking for here with us and we gladly assist you in planning. Visit the Kneipp site in picturesque Bad Fusch and the wildly romantic valley of Ferleiten with many offerings that are especially catered towards families. Use this advantage as well: you as our guests have free admission to the Bärenbad public pool in Fusch.
Visit these and many other destinations at a discounted price
- Grossglockner High Alpine Road, Ferleiten wildlife and leisure park (7 km),
- Kohlschnait archery park, adventure golf (7 km)
- Destinations in Zell am See – Schmittenhöhe and cruise, golf court, (15 km)
- Kaprun – high alpine reservoir lakes, Kitzsteinhorn, Sigmund Thun Klamm gorge, TauernSpaWorld, (15 km)
- Summer toboggan run Saalfelden, Weisssee glacier park, Mittersill national park centre, Saalbach-Hinterglemm, Hohenwerfen Castle and Ice Giant World, Krimml waterfalls (30 to 50 km)
- City of Salzburg, Berchtesgaden Kehlsteinhaus, Grossgmain open air museum (100 km)
- Receive further information from Tourist Info Grossglockner-Zellersee at www.grossglockner-zellersee.info.
We recommend the SalzburgerLandCard for stays of 6 nights and longer: more than 190 attractions for € 66 (half-price for children aged 15 and under). Please see our offer "Explore & save", which already includes this bonus card, and send us your enquiry for your summer holidays between Grossglockner and Zell am See now!